Charter: The purpose of this Committee is to provide parents with a comprehensive child identification service at no cost to them.
Duties: It shall organize and conduct Child ID Events throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Membership: The members of this Committee shall be appointed from each of the general geographical divisions of the state and the Chairman shall not represent any division.
Committee Members: A Committee member's duties include, but are not limited to, acting as liaison and communication link between the Committee Chairman and the District VACHIP Directors. The Committee member is recommended by the Committee Chairman and appointed by the Grand Master. The Committee member's duties are:
- Receives all requests from the District VACHIP Directors for VACHIP Events and forwards to the Committee Chairman or his representative.
- Receives all event statistics from the District VACHIP Directors and forwards to the Chairman.
- Ensures all districts within his division are represented.
- Conducts all training of districts within the division.
- Resolves issues brought to his attention or forwards to the Committee Chairman.
- Makes recommendations for improving the quality and professionalism of the program.
District VACHIP Directors: District VACHIP Directors are nominated by the District Deputy Grand Master, recommended by the Committee Chairman and appointed by the Grand Master. His duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as a liaison and communication link between the Committee and the Lodge VACHIP Director.
- Insures that each Lodge is represented.
- Maintains general supervision over outside persons and organizations that are represented and participating at an event.
- Schedules and conducts training to maintain professionalism.
- Reports event statistics to the Committee Chairman in a timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate list of team members and their qualifications.
- Schedules upcoming events in a timely manner keeping the Division CHIP Director informed.
- Maintains general supervision over District and Lodge Child ID Team.
- Informs the Division VACHIP Director of material and equipment requirements.
- Schedules and conducts a visit to the event site to ensure that it is capable of hosting the event.
Lodge VACHIP Director: The Worshipful Master of his Lodge appoints the Lodge VACHIP Director. His duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the Lodge representative for all matters relating to the Child ID Program (VACHIP).
- Acts as a liaison and communication link between the District CHIP Director and the Worshipful Master of his Lodge.
- Develops/maintains a list of local events, which would attract children and would be fertile events for Child ID Team participation.
- Makes sure all scheduled events are reported to the District VACHIP Director for the purposes of communication and posting on the Child ID Program web site.
- Provides the Committee Chairman, via the District VACHIP Director and Division VACHIP Director, with any suggestions for improvement of the VACHIP Program.
- Submits the Event Report to the District VACHIP Director.
Committee on Child ID (VACHIP) VACHIP Forms
Committee Chairman, Jeffry Lee Smith